Wednesday, March 31, 2010

What is this blog about?

I'm a student at Emerson College and this is my project for my Environment and Humankind (SC-205-02 1), which is taught by Jon Honea. The purpose of the project is to address a specific issue in one of four topics: human population growth, food production in America, global climate change, or energy.

I had some trouble thinking of an idea for the project, so I took Jon’s advice and did a project with activities I enjoyed outside of class(photography and blogging). I also wanted to do research on an environmental issue that doesn’t get a lot of coverage. Pollution has always piqued my interest and I stumbled upon light pollution.

In my project, I took pictures of examples of light pollution and waste in Boston. I also provide an explanation of light pollution and some different ways to reduce light pollution.

No comments:

Post a Comment